Denture Implants in North Shore, IL
Your dental needs are unique to you. You can trust our talented team to make your needs a priority. Whether you’re in need of minor or major restorative care, we have the technology and experience to give you what you need.
Through the use of many different forms of dental prosthetics, we have been able to give patients a renewed sense of confidence in their smile as well as a restored ability to communicate and eat. If you are missing most or all of your teeth, implant-supported dentures are a viable option we urge you to consider.
What Are Implant Supported Dentures?
Implant dentures are permanent dentures affixed to dental implants placed strategically throughout the mouth. They are a great alternative to traditional dentures for patients wanting something more permanent and long-lasting.
At Mantis Dentistry & Implant Center, you can enjoy the All-on-X treatment concept for permanent dentures. This approach to treatment allows us to place dental implants in locations in your mouth that would be the best fit for your unique needs.
Benefits of Implant Supported Dentures
If you are interested in this dental prosthetic restorative option, consider the following benefits that you’ll enjoy when you come to Mantis Dentistry & Implant Center:
- Stability: Permanent dentures aren’t going to slip out of your mouth accidentally. You can talk, sing, laugh, and much more without worrying about your dentures slipping out of place at an embarrassing time.
- Low Maintenance: Once your implant dentures have been placed, you can care for them with regular brushing—just like natural teeth. No additional tools or routines required.
- Freedom: People with traditional dentures have to avoid certain foods that can wear down the hold of their dental cement faster. With the permanence of implant supported dentures, you can eat and drink whatever you want without risking the integrity of your new teeth!
- Youthful Appearance: Bone density deteriorates when a tooth and its root are gone, which can cause a prematurely aged appearance. Dental implants are secured in place within the bone of the jaw or skull, prompting additional bone growth and increased bone density—this means your face structure stays looking strong and youthful for longer!
Dr. Mantis, DDS, and his skilled team keep up-to-date on the latest innovations and advances in dental technology involving implant dentures. You can trust our practice to give you the highest quality of care and attention when placing your permanent dentures.Schedule an Implant Denture Consultation Now!
Removable Implant Supported Dentures vs. Permanent Dentures
You have a couple options when considering implant dentures: removable or permanent.
- Removable: Removable implant dentures are similar to traditional dentures in that they can be removed for repairs or regular cleanings, but they are much sturdier and have the implant benefits of protecting your jawbone from decay. You will have dental implants placed to hold the implant mount in place. Your partial or full dentures will then snap into place on this mount for a sturdy bite all day long, and you can take them out at night for cleaning.
- Permanent: Permanent or fixed dentures usually involve individual dental prosthetics like a dental crown being placed with an individual dental implant. Because dental implants are very strong and secure, we can bridge multiple prosthetic teeth together into a bridge. This way one implant can support multiple prosthetic teeth that are side-by-side throughout your mouth.
Are Implant Supported Dentures Worth It?
Implant dentures are widely considered affordable if you are looking for a long-lasting restored ability to eat food, communicate clearly, and smile with ease. Implant supported dentures require less maintenance and upkeep than traditional, removable dentures.
This is because they are secured in place with dental implants that allow the dentures themselves to function just like normal teeth. They also provide patients with a stronger bite and an increased ability to eat all the foods they love that might be difficult to eat with removable dentures.
In addition, as we’ve mentioned, losing a tooth and its root causes decreases in the bone density of your jaw or skull. Placing dental implants for implant supported permanent dentures promotes bone growth.
Discover the Right Implant Supported Denture Treatment for You
Not sure which implant supported denture option is the best fit for your mouth or budget? Call us today with any questions or concerns. We provide implant-supported dentures to patients in Wilmette, Evanston, and North Shore.
Implants vs Dentures: What’s Best For You?
<!—JSON Video Schema -->