After achieving his licensure as a dentist, Dr. Dino Mantis has continued to expand his skills as a general, restorative, and cosmetic dentist, so he can best serve his patients from Wilmette and the surrounding area.
Every year, he educates himself and his team further so they can utilize all the latest dental techniques and advancements in dental technology and equipment. Dental science is advancing at a rapid rate and many of these advancements mean better results and greater comfort for our patients.
Here are just some of the various types of dentistry services offered at Mantis Dentistry & Implant Center and the services available in each category.
General and Preventative Dentistry
We are very pleased to offer our community a wide selection of dental treatments. As much as possible, we like our patients to be able to maintain their dental health at our office, without needing to run all over town to see specialists. Our care starts with preventative treatments like the following:
- Professional Cleanings: By coming to see us twice each year, you can keep your teeth free from plaque deposits that attack the enamel of your teeth. We’ll scrub off the plaque and advise you on any ways you might improve your at-home program. Learn more.
- Cavity Prevention: Especially for our younger patients, we offer both fluoride treatment and sealants to make cavities less likely, especially in the crevices of the biting surfaces of molars.
- X-Rays: When x-rays are scheduled, we’ll use a digital x-ray system that provides precise images almost instantly. These images can be enlarged for accurate diagnosis and the amount of radiation used is minimal, far less than that used for film x-rays. Learn More.
- Examinations: Every time you come in, we have a chance to examine your mouth for cavities, gum disease, any infection in teeth, gums, roots, or bone, and early signs of mouth cancer. Regular examinations are an essential part of maintaining your dental health.
When we practice restorative dentistry, we are making sure that you have a full set of healthy, beautiful, and functional teeth. They should be free from cavities, breaks, cracks, or infection. There should be no missing teeth. Here are the services in this category:
- Fillings: The fillings we offer our patients are tooth-colored fillings that provide a better appearance and excellent durability. We practice mercury-free dentistry. Learn More.
- Porcelain Crowns: For teeth that have been broken, injured, or repaired with large fillings or root canal therapy, we recommend a beautiful, porcelain crown. With the CEREC in-office system, we can provide a natural-looking crown in a single visit. Learn More.
- Bridges: This is a time-honored method of replacing missing teeth. Two crowns will cover the teeth on either side of one or two missing teeth, and porcelain tooth replacements will fill the gap. Learn More.
- Root Canals: Root canal therapy provides a method of saving a tooth in which a cavity has reached the soft, inner part of the tooth. We will clean out the damaged root and fill the tooth with sterile material. Learn More.
- Dental Implants: Many patients who lose teeth are candidates for dental implants. A titanium post will replace the root of the missing tooth and, after a healing period, a porcelain crown that matches the rest of your teeth will be securely attached to the top of the implant. Dental implants will function and look just like your natural teeth. Learn More.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: We can also use implants to anchor or support dentures. This eliminates the problems of dentures shifting in the mouth, but they can still be removed for cleaning. No adhesives are needed and chewing is much easier. Learn More.
Nearly every service we offer can be utilized for cosmetic dentistry, including porcelain crowns, bridges, tooth-colored fillings, and clear braces. We take great pride in assisting our patients who ask us for a smile makeover and collaborating with the patient on exactly what result is desired.
Then we design a treatment program to achieve that result, using all the services and technologies at our disposal. Of course, teeth whitening and dental veneers are very often utilized in smile makeovers and in cosmetic repairs of smiles that have suffered just a little breakage or staining.
- Teeth Whitening: Dr. Mantis offers three different types of teeth whitening because different patients have different situations. Some want significant whitening in just an hour; some want to carry out their treatment at home; and others want a permanent color change, or may have deeper staining, or suffer from tetracycline staining. There is a system for each of these needs. Learn More.
- Veneers: Using veneers, a patient can experience a dramatic and rapid correction and repair of the shape, color, spacing, and even alignment of teeth. Veneers are thin shells that go over the front and tip of a patient’s teeth, covering deep stains, chips, pitting, and cracks. Veneers can lengthen teeth that are too short or make the shape of all your teeth consistent.
There are two types of veneers: one that requires slight shaving of the tooth to make room for the veneer to fit and DURAthin Prepless veneers that do not require the removal of any tooth material. DURAthin Prepless veneers can be removed at a later date, if desired. Learn More.
Enjoy straighter teeth with our Clear Braces Aligners. Many adults and teens love this nearly invisible method of aligning teeth utilizing tough, clear, plastic aligners. After an examination and design process, each patient receives a series of aligners that fit over the upper and lower teeth.
Aligners are worn at least 22 hours each day, taking them out only for eating and cleaning the teeth. Every two weeks, the patient switches to the next aligner in the series. Gradually, the teeth are moved into their ideal positions without the discomfort of wires and brackets.
Wisdom Tooth & General Extractions
We like to avoid exactions whenever possible, but sometimes it is simply the best solution. We are thoroughly trained and equipped to perform both simple and complex extractions while keeping our patients comfortable throughout the process. In a simple extraction, we can gently ease the tooth out of its socket.
With wisdom teeth and some other teeth, there are reasons the extraction is more complicated. The tooth may be fully embedded in bone or be positioned horizontally. The root could be tangled in the root of the adjacent tooth. This is why diagnosis and planning are such important parts of an extraction.
If you need an extraction, please be assured that our priorities are your comfort and rapid, pain-free healing. Learn More.
We know just how vital it is to keep your gums pink, healthy, and infection-free. If you see signs of gum disease such as bleeding when you brush or floss or puffy, painful areas, please call us immediately. Learn More.
- Scaling and Root Planing: When loose pockets have developed around the teeth because of gum disease, we will perform scaling by reaching under the gums to clean out any plaque. Root planing is the action of smoothing any roughness on the roots of your teeth that could encourage bacteria to grow. For most patients, this treatment greatly improves the health of their gums. Learn More.
- Chao Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation: This is an advanced method of treating gum recession that eliminates the need for surgery. Instead of removing gum tissue from one area and grafting it to another, Chao Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation is a system of easing your existing gum tissue into a better position covering the root of your teeth and then anchoring it with collagen membrane that is absorbed by the body. Recovery is much faster, and it is a more comfortable procedure. Learn More.
For any of our patients who experience anxiety overcoming to see the dentist, we offer sedation dentistry. We administer medication that will help you feel more at ease and relaxed during your time with us.
Combine sedation dentistry with our great amenities and atmosphere of warm welcome, and your time with us will truly demonstrate everything we have to offer you by way of excellent dental care.
Dental trauma is not a fun thing to experience. That’s why our office is equipped with the skills and equipment required to treat you in the case of a dental emergency. You can trust us to take care of the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible, all while providing you with quality care!
Sleep Apnea Treatment
Do you have trouble sleeping at night? Are you agitated and tired during the day? Do you snore when you sleep? You might be experiencing sleep apnea. Our office offers treatment for patients suffering from sleep apnea—treatment designed to help you get the uninterrupted sleep you need to function properly throughout your busy day.
Quality Care from a Knowledgeable Team at Mantis Dentistry & Implant Center in Wilmette
We’re here for you! Our training and expertise are at your disposal so we can help you and your whole family protect their health and keep those beautiful teeth healthy for a lifetime. If you have any questions about these services or your own dental health, please call our office.
We welcome new patients from Wilmette, Evanston, Skokie, Kenilworth, Winnetka and any other nearby communities, and we look forward to seeing you in our office soon.